HAND MADE DOLLS

All of my dolls are made entirely by the hand of Heather Louise Bennett and no machine or other mechanics are involved in their construction.

Friday, December 3, 2010

WHATS NEXT? Characters from old Richmond, Virginia

Richmond and I have always had a strange love hate relationship. It is haunted by familiar things and that by far could be the most alluring yet frightening thing about this city for me. I knew it well but yet I always got lost--lost in the buildings and all their whispering details. I needed to do this collection of characters to pay homage to a place where I may have lived before- far beyond the days that I actually did. If I believed in that sort of thing.





This is a shot of maybe Pine Street(?)in Oregon Hill.

1 comment:

  1. I always think of that Cowboy Junkies tune about Oregon Hill and Suzy cutting her carrots still. Memories.

    ReplyDelete